Main Forum

New Build Feedback (Welcome to Rise Colony)

3 replies
COLSEC Member
The Purpose of this Thread is for Feedback & Suggestions on the Build.
Put Bugs on the Discord (Under Support & Mentoring) where they can be acted upon

Given nobody's brought up a Topic yet, I thought I'd quickly slap one down and reiterate the Announcements on Discord (Will try to knock these out as Melna and the GM Team updates us all. Admins, feel free to edit this post as you see fit.)

Melna wrote:
The sim is now open for play. However please keep several things in mind and pass them on to people with questions:

1. Some Interiors are not finished and are using the old interiors as a placeholder for now, we will finished them through the week. (Red Tail, Hospital, Chimera, Journey's End will be getting updated interiors)
  2. Some errors will be discovered, report them.
  3. Additional rentals will be added later.
  4. More nodes will be added later
  5. More sub-areas will be added later
  6. A under city, and sewers will be added later as alternate exits out of the city.
  7. Group defenses to interiors will be added later.
  8. Vehicles are allowed please keep them under 100 prims absolute max.
  9. Vehicle bumper teleporters to RLV warp you and your vehicles will be added so you can drive contiuously, even into the wasteslands and back in.
  10. Escape points will be added this week.
  11. ICO rental properties will be opened later next week, and can be rented for player credits, and a business permit, instead of linden.
  12. Some areas will be inaccessable at first, this will be fixed. IE: missing their teleporters (Chimera and Rental Hubs)
  13. Teleporters to the rental hub lobbies are down, I will get them up tomorrow.
  14. DONT REZ SHIT ON MY SIM, IT IS NOT YOURS TO DECORATE, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DECORATE MY SIM IF YOU HAVE LAND PERMISSIONS, ASK PERMISSION FROM ME DIRECTLY, SO HELP ME GOD I WILL DESTROY YOUR CUNT

This week will be patch week mostly.

Enjoy. More to come.
Posted Jan 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 29, 18
COLSEC Member
So at the moment, on a semi-related note to COLSEC, but mostly to the EarthGOV Tower and the new expanded public areas, I'd like to suggest an ordering system to the Teleporter, which would clarify on what levels are public and what levels may be group restricted.

It'd work a little like this, and should require at most a small edit to the destination names;
Copy
1. PUBLIC - Lobby 2. PUBLIC - Café 3. PUBLIC - Gym 4. PUBLIC - Toilets 5. COLSEC - Main Floor 6. COLSEC - Holding Cells 7. COLSEC/EIA - VR Room 8. CORPORATE - Offices 9. CORPORATE - Meeting Room 10. EIA - Operations

Simply by indexing the locations like this will not only increase readability, but also give clear visual cues of what floor belongs to who. (Again, this is just an example, I don't know which rooms are exclusively whose)

Furthermore, with the EarthGOV Tower itself, I would like to suggest a small quality of life change to the colors of the Teleporters;
Deep Blue - External Connection (Lobby to Outside/Outside to Lobby, Garage to COLSEC Main Floor/Main Floor to Garage)
Light Blue - Internal Connection (Elevators to all other floors)

And once again, you guys really outdid yourselves on the build. 83 Players across two sims at 1PM PST? That's practically unheard of. It's relaunch has already netted comparable players to the Void Invasion Event at it's peak.
Posted Jan 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 29, 18
RoE Staff
RoE Staff
Beta Tester
COLSEC FL
EarthGOV Member
Blood Corsair
Ex Praeda Member
Chimera
For the EGov tower, I'd suggest in arranging the floors to be more spread-out because there is a mess of cross-talk coming through on any of the floors that isn't the lobby. There's a mess of vertical space above the lobby that the rooms can span out in to reduce this issue. Also, what MattyK Suggested, is to label the levels as to what can be accessed by the public. And the doors need their codes removed. Before we had ONE door, but to access any other area now in the CSEC area there's a long wait, and the lag makes it difficult to put in the code. It also retains the code from someone before if someone came by and just mashed the buttons.

Sim crossings. There needs to be extended transparent prims on each roadway and footpath. I've watched a numerous amount of people and vehicles clip through the ground upon sim-crossing and get stuck beneath the road/walkway.
Posted Jan 29, 18
COLSEC Member
Blood Corsair
One of the largest issues I've encountered so far is the teleports, Why have a base in high society when the entrance on ground level is on tron, and vice versa, it causes unnecessary sim crossing, and all around is probably heavier on the sim performance.
Posted Jan 30, 18
NoticeNotices