RoE - Concept Art and Planning

8 replies
RoE Staff
Admins
RoE Staff
RoE Admins
Hero
EarthGOV Member
Was going through my files today and located some of the concept art and screenshots of mesh work that my mesh artist drew for us, from when we were building and planning the sim, thought it would be fun to share it with each of you and give you a glimpse of how hard we worked, how much we planned, and how far we have come to get to the point we are today! Enjoy!

RJJTLpA.jpg
This was a concept and details of how the front colony gate was suppose to look and operate

WrYAPmp.jpg
Some more concept details about the colony gate

zqcysfk.jpg
Bird's eye view of the entire colony / original blue prints

2yPKaWF.png
Concept of the colony dam

8MXZ6cj.png
Concept of apartment complex in center of sim

RobDQPJ.png
Very rough concept layout of the original landing hub/star station. (the little stick figure in the middle was suppose to be a robot manning a information booth)

gTJIK46.png
PoV from mainstreet, standing at the colony gate, view of the apartment complex

K4GxVVk.png
Another angle of the dam, slums, and part of the Burrow Bar

t81Taku.png
View of the colony market

cQDXkzN.jpg
beginnings of the dam mesh work in Blinder

Ufi8urg.png
Early 1:1 prim built sim lay out. We built this to have a in world marker for where everything should be placed before we meshed anything.
Posted May 17, 15 · OP · Last edited May 18, 15
Untagged users
Wow, that's wicked cool. Really interesting to see how spot on it all turned out.
Posted May 18, 15
EarthGOV Member
Berry Naissu

?
4WVFFg2.png
Posted May 18, 15 · Last edited May 19, 15
COLSEC Member
Mytharii Members
Are there still parts that need to be meshed? I would offer to try to help with blendering some of the stuff, if I get a sketch and dimensions it has to fit in. Though I am no good at texturing and will have to give the .blends over to someone who can.
Posted Jan 12, 16
Chimera
Ex Praeda Member
Order
Chimera
Everything pictured there is pretty much implemented into the sim, Linnefer.
It's actually extremely accurate to the concept, that's pretty sweet.
Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire!
Posted Jan 12, 16
COLSEC Member
Mytharii Members
ahw.... nothing left to do? really?
Posted Jan 12, 16
Untagged users
I'm willing to bet there are things that could be done to reduce land impact I'd talk directly to melna if you want to help. The pirate ship could benefit from a new mesh and Col-Sec is long overdue for a redesign.
Posted Jan 14, 16
EarthGOV Member
I know this is off topic but I really like the concept art.
vvfXwr5.gif
Posted May 21, 16
Untagged users
I just wanted to say....wow.

I'm a graphic designer...I understand how much work goes between "concept" and "here's the product" and I'm not onlt in awe of the sim, but in how much thought and planning went into this. As a gamer who truly loves what y'all have made. Thank you for bringing such stellar talent to Second Life.
Posted Sep 3, 16
NoticeNotices